Friday, February 26, 2010

Birthday Card for my Sister

My Sister's b-day is coming up in March so I decided I'd better get busy and get her card made.  Here's the card I made and the how to's.  This is my first how to, so bear with me as I learn how to myself.

I used a pre-cut card 4"x5-1/2" and cut my patterned paper to fit.  I used my Cuttlebug and the D'vine Swirl folder to emboss the paper.  I inked the edges with Versa Mark Amethyst ink with a q-tip, then using the ink already on the q-tip i brushed over the embossing to bring it out some. Then I adhered it to the card with my Glue Glider Pro.


Then I cut a 3/4" x 4" piece of matching cardstock and trimmed it up with paper shapers scissors and inked the edges before adhering it to the card.


Next I cut another 2" x 3" piece of matching paper, rounded the corners with a corner punch, inked the edges, cut two very small slits for the 8" piece of ribbon to thread through and then tied it.



The border was stamped with Craft Smart $1 stamp from Michaels with the same ink.  I used a rubber stamp for the sentiment, Studio G clear stamp for the flower and used the same Amethyst ink and stamped the sentiment paper block we cut in the previous step. 



And here's the finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment